Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12, 2010 (little light)


So Noelle started blogging a picture she takes every day of the year. Then Lucie thought it was a fantastic idea and started her own. I'm told "the man may be the head but the woman is the neck". Which is a long way of saying "I'm doing it now too". It's a fun thing though so why not? I thought for an inordinate amount of time about what my first picture should be of... and in case you can't figure it out - it's a light in my bathroom. I didn't take the picture because it was beautiful or interesting... I took it because it's not. I feel bad for all the little things that are never "worthy" enough to be used or have pictures taken of them. This particular light hasn't worked for several years and is rusting all along the outside. It just sits there. And some day in the not too distant future I'm sure it will be removed and thrown away or destroyed. So the honor of the first picture belongs to it. Because even when it is long gone, I will look back on my blog and remember that it existed. That it was here. Good luck little light.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucinka said...

You're so cute, baby. I even got something in my eye. I like how you always think about all the little things..

9:12 PM  
Blogger Noelle said...

I love that your heart is so tender, the Lord has blessed you with a love for the overlooked and forgotten. It sort of reminds me when you dropped all those Del Taco fries in elementary school and cried because they weren't going to fulfill their destiny.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

The world is blessed to have you in it. You have made a mother proud. Never stop looking at the little things and grab each minute in time as if it were the last. I love you.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home